Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Hurray!!

Beginning today, Baby Hall will experience the joy of a break from grad school!! Oops, did I write Baby Hall? I meant myself there...typo! ;)

And as of today, I am 4 months along! I'd post a "bump" picture, but it would just look like me after Christmas or Thanksgiving (my two favorite holidays, coincidentally) dinner. I'm hoping she or he will pop on out there soon! That way, I can stop feeling like a dork for already wearing my maternity pants (which my mom and Josh's mom have so kindly purchased for me...thank you both so much!!). Even after I am (hopefully) back to something near my "normal" size, I am going to bust those bad boys out anytime I go to the following places: Carrabba's, Olive Garden, Outback, my parent's house for popcorn and a movie (my dad makes amazing popcorn and I always eat about 5 bowls of it-no exaggeration), any Mexican restaurant, or anywhere else where I plan on eating a gigantic meal because the pants are amazingly comfy.

We are, and I don't know if anxious is the right word, maybe curious to see how the dogs are going to handle everything. For some bizarre reason, we think Sweet Pea will actually be fairly protective of the baby...she's already had to learn to share us with Maverick, so this should be an extreme version of that. The one we're a little concerned about is Maverick. Erin C and I were talking the other day (you know this is headed somewhere that is based in reality but far from it) about Maverick stalking the baby and me, coming into our rooms at night with kitchen knives in his mouth and staring us down while we sleep. Wow, I really just typed that sentence-somehow over the phone it was extremely funny. Although now that I picture it again, it's still funny. I guess if you are reading this blog, you know me and my sense of humor, so enough qualifying.

Around here it is the calm before the storm of buying. Being paid 10 months instead of 12 months is nice during the school year, but when you want to buy The Perfect Glider(!) or The Perfect Crib (!) and have no money it is annoying...hurry up August 31st! :) Since we are on one salary for the summertime (savings aside, of course I have to type that so when my banker hubby reads this he won't freak) we have held off on buying Anything yet except a couple of baby books (and yes, I'm a librarian and fully support the borrowing of reading material over the purchase of it, but everyone should have a home library, and these are not the books you need to go check out when you wake up in the middle of the night baffled as to when you actually need to buy a high chair or how will you know one rash that will go away from another rash that will have a permanent and horrible outcome? You definitely want to have that book in your house, 24/7/365-yes I just wrote that- with no late fees, or restocking fees as they are now called at Blockbuster haha). Anyway, back to buying things. I think Josh is equally excited and terrified of finding out what we're having, because he knows then I will not be able to walk by baby clothing and not buy-or try to buy-something. So keep him in your prayers, poor man. There will be no stopping myself and a few other women from BuyingBabyClothingLand (EU and I were discussing the amazingness of adding "land" or "ville" to other words or phrases...another TimMeulhoffAceElla for those of you that remember).

I mean, what else can you write after that?

2 comments:

mestler said...

The funny thing is that Maverick could indeed jump up onto the counter to retrieve said kitchen knives himself. He would not need any help. I've seen it. Maybe I'll buy your new baby some brass knuckles so it can learn to protect itself from an early age. I love you!

The Usserys said...

I'll pitch in for the brass knuckles. Rogue, your blog made me wet my pants. I was simultaneously being kicked in the bladder as well. (I'm pregnant for those reading this who are picturing Erin having a poor friend who gets kicked in the bladder from an out of body source). Funniest blog ever, and yes, you'll get into a buying frenzy and you'll find yourself saying, "but (baby) NEEDS to have the deluxe boppy tummy time mat!!!!" ....and he/she WILL.