Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Now where did I put that baby manual??




Okay, I read several baby books, polled friends with babies, and asked our doctors lots of questions, but I still can't remember where that manual is that tells me exactly what I need to do every time I have a question. In this instance, the Tummy Time Issue....

So, the other day I introduced Charlotte to the "tummy time mat"...(thanks Chris and Melissa!)..the only problem was, I couldn't remember when you're supposed to begin using those things..So I quickly picked her up and googled "tummy time"...only to find that there are 50 million official opinions on when to begin this. Considering she hated each and every one of the 120 seconds she stayed awake (as evidenced in pictures), I decided we'll leave the tummy time mat alone for a little while. Any suggestions on when to begin using this (and for how long)?

Josh has totally excelled in the role of father. :) I think her favorite place to snooze is on his chest. Seeing how protective he is of her already, I know Charlotte is going to have to bring home some great guys if she expects to be allowed to date..haha! I'm envisioning a porch and a gun...you get the picture.

We're headed to Charlotte with Charlotte (yes, I know, won't that sound funny for ever...haha moving on) this weekend to visit Nana and Poppie! I know we are all looking forward to that, especially Sweet Pea and Maverick since they'll have a fenced in back yard and puggle manor (pictures and thorough description to follow)..

Hollar at y'all when we get back! :)

1 comment:

The Breedloves said...

She is definitely beautiful! And about the tummy time...please! They will crawl and hold their head up eventually-we didn't really start worrying about that until 3 months or so, and even then it was not at all structured. Don't torture yourself.