Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Third Trimester

So, tomorrow kicks off the third trimester!! I can't believe she will be here in three months! Josh and I have been enjoying some sweet times with our baby girl. We love watching her kick...yes I said watch. We can feel her kicking and moving around, but we can also see her make my belly jump, which is awesome :) And to kick off the third trimester, here is a picture of the belly:

I had my glucose test last week...and passed! So no die-a-beet-ess here! Next week we have our four-D ultrasound, so you can expect an alien picture of baby girl soon! Super Exciting :D We are down to the every-other week schedule of visits to the doctor...it's getting close...

Sooo, this really nice grandma of a girl at school (job, not grad) brought me all of these presents..which was so nice and generous. But, and not to sound ungrateful, it was a very weird experience. Here's how it went down:

Grandma Byrd: Hey we brought you some things for your baby.
Me: Oh my goodness! How sweet of you both!! Thank you for thinking of us, etc., on and on...
G. B.: Go ahead and open it. (pushes big box with bow and freezable teething ring tied on towards me)
Me: Well, ok...Come have a seat. (we are in the media center. alone.)
G.B.: Here, see if you can open it without opening the wrapping. (seriously, she didn't want me to mess up the bow.)
Me: (confused) Ummm, ok (smile awkwardlly)...
G.B.: Here, like this...(and then for literally 6 minutes- I was looking at the clock because I needed to leave-she proceeds to unwrap the present herself, while simultaneously urging me and putting my hands on the present as though I should unwrap it...beyond awkward and really kind of difficult to explain)
Me: Errr..ah, oh, ok...ummm, oh thanks...like this? Wow, I bet Christmas at your house is really an adventure!! Oh, I see, to leave the bow on? Ahh, there we go. (present is eventually unwrapped)

So, within the box there are individually wrapped(in tissue paper) gifts (6 of them) with labels on them indicating their significance with a joke or statement: i.e. "for the college fund" was on the piggy bank, along with two "fragile/handle carefully" stickers. These items included the following: the aforementioned piggy bank, two bibs, a teething ring (which had directions on the package about how to freeze the water inside it-which she sent the next day with her granddaughter....yep-you stick it in the freezer.), an old tylenol box (what the little bottle comes in) filled with pennies, nickles and dimes to put in the piggy bank), a pad of "babysitter information" sheets, travel first aid kit, and the mug pictured below:

And yes. That says "Baby" on it. The weirdest part of the whole mug gift is that it is covered in sticky brown stuff. like it was from the back shelf of a dollar store in 1979. Bizzarro!!!
Now I know that story makes me sound so mean, but I don't mean to be... We are very grateful for the sweet thought behind it and the useful gifts. It was just an extremely odd experience capped off with a dirty old cup with green marker on it.
Well, I suppose that's all until we have 4-D ultrasounds pics/video!! Until then... :)







3 comments:

The Breedloves said...

what the heck! I never hear anything! In fact I had to search through at least 3 other blogs to find your's and now I see your pregnant! Congrats. Do email-
courtney.breedlove@gmail.com

mestler said...

You are adorable. Very un-box like. I cant wait to see both of you soon! love you!

The Usserys said...

Coming from the original boxy lady...I have the official ruling on all boxes, and you, my friend, are...not box-like at all. Mamanada totally called it well. Can't wait to see you and your lovely baby bump (yes, do sing the song) SOON!!! I can't wait until she's here!!!:)