Tuesday, February 1, 2011

3rd Birthday!!

We celebrated Charlotte's 3rd birthday with family and friends from the neighborhood, small group, and life in general at the Greensboro Children's Museum on January 23rd!  Wouldn't you know, the birthday girl had already had a stomach bug the previous Tuesday, and even though she recovered quickly from that, she woke up from her nap (last one, by the way) the day of the party feeling pretty crummy... I think she still had a blast and was so excited everyone came out and loved on her.  All week long before the big day, she kept saying: "and all the peoples are coming to my party" and then naming every person she knows. Super Sweet.

 It was a Tinkerbell themed affair, so she got all dressed up in her "jeggings", sparkly shoes, and Tinkerbell shirt/hoodie.  (yes it was huge, the smallest Tinkerbell shirt within 25 miles of our house was a girls XS..
 Sitting pretty with Nana.  (clearly not feeling great, though)
 "Room B" at the museum.. my advice would be to call early and spring for the private room instead of A/B with only partitions dividing 2 parties..
 Tink cake courtesy of Wal-Mart.  (Er, I mean, I made that...)
 Finally! Some energy and a smile!
 "Theater" area...can you believe she wanted to play dress up with princess clothes!?!
 Blowing out the candles.. (I actually did it..not b/c I wanted to be controlling, but just in case she was coming down with something, I didn't want her blowing cold germs all over the cake)..
 Sweet Neighbors!!! LOVE them!!
 Book Club and Small Group friends  (yes these are our friends, but they are the kids she hangs out with by default..so we end up with matching friend groups!)
 More Small Group friends and some family and high school friends!
 Liam and Poppy sharing some cake. (sharing implies Liam shared with Dad, which I'm not sure happened..but just go with it).. Sweet Memaw and Papa in the background. LOVE THEM!!
 Me and my sweet, gorgeous, hilarious, smarter than I'll ever be, Tinkerbell-loving 3 year old!!
 Brandon and Drew are so good with Liam.  He basically loves it. (and them)
 See how far the children are from Charlotte?  This changed 5 minutes later.  Picture those gift bags trading places with the kids. :)
Charlotte and her friend Alaina from Small Group.  Trust me when I say these two LOVE to read!!

Thanks to everyone who made her day(s, because she celebrated all day on her actual birthday, too!) soo special!! (and thank you all for your generosity!! Josh and I were de-packaging toys late into the evening when we got home.  Let's just say we'll be doing a charity-donation gift thing, or no gifts next time! lol)

No comments: