Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A crazy prediction from our doctor ;p

Well, I went to the ol' baby doc yesterday, and he informed me that I am 2 cm dialated and 50% effaced...which, as he predicted, means "we'll probably have a baby within the week"

:D I hope his "out on a limb" prediction holds true!! We're so ready to meet her!!

I'm officially massive...Josh and I went to C&H Cafeteria the other night, and as we were in line to pay, a little 3ish year old girl looked up from her dinner, caught sight of me, and gave a pretty good Joey Lawrence "whoa" complete with raised eyebrows and jaw dropped. Josh and I both busted out laughing. But it is all good and definitely worth every ounce of weight gain, which I'm sure is all water and no ice cream....er...yeah....

Now that I'm at home and have time to post, I have nothing to post about, so here's to random thoughts of a 40 week preggo brain (aka: who knows what will come out)...

-did the word "shocking" originate before electricity, thereby providing an exisiting description to the experience of being shocked, or did they make that word up post-electricity? (some people who shall not be named are still stumped by this one...mu hu ha ha ha)
-why would you name something a "whale shark"? Josh and I are watching Planet Earth, an incredible video documentary that is 5 DVDs long about God's wonderful creation which blows you away with every episode. Last night we were watching the "ocean deep" episode and I thought, how hard for kids to learn this stuff...is it a whale that looks like a shark, or a shark that's as big as a whale? The narrator, an entertaining Brit named David Attenborough, doesn't really explain this, but later we figured out it's the latter. Either way: why name something confusing like that?

Okay enough randomness for now..I've got to go eat! :D

4 comments:

justin said...

Wow - I can't wait for another Hall to enter the world and throw a fastball harder than daddy. Perhaps it will be Friday -- that way her cool birthday will be 1/18/8... which will be fun to write over and over for the rest of her life.

On a related note to whale sharks...I just read that dolphins are in fact whales... and that killer whales were once considered dolphins that are "whale killers"... so add that to an already crazy oxymoron. Could that mean that there is a dolphin shark waiting to be discovered?

Perhaps this will Charlotte's soon-to-be favorite bed-time story (of the dolphin and the shark) make more sense. (see http://www.the-office.com/bedtime-story/dolphin.htm)

The Usserys said...

Have you seen the Planet Earth episode on caves where there are mountain sized piles of bat poop that are feasted on 24/7 by roaches? If you are looking to curb the pregnancy appetite, that might be a good start. What am I talking about? Don't curb it. Ride the hunger wave out!!!

Chris, Karen and Nate said...

Hey girl! This is Karen from FG. I hope this goes through because I have never "blogged" before (I know, to be 26 that is bad).

Anyway, I have enjoyed reading all about the pregnancy, especially the last couple of days worth because I miss talking to ya! Which by the way I have nothing to complain about...I actually feel great this week.

I love Charlotte's nursery! It looks ready for a princess. Thanks for sharing the pics. I got my crib bedding today and and was a little confused on how the bumper went on. Your pictures have helped me out:)

I cannot wait to hear the BIG news!! I know it will be so soon...I can fill it...mama's intuition I guess haha. Take care, eat a lot and lay around!

Anonymous said...

A shark the size of a whale is terrifying. I am never going into the ocean again.